Skip to main content

Underage Gay Sex in Florida

Just when I think any fuss over sexual orientation has died down, we get this. take a look at CNN here. The essence of the story is that an 18 year old girl was texting a 14 year old girl. She sent a variety of salacious messages and images. By description the parents of the 14 year old tried to stop this and failed. They finally made a complaint which led to the 18 year old's arrest.

Now we must cue victimhood, prejudicial music.

She was given a very low bond- 5000.00, and was told to have no contact with the girl. Within a few days of this order the 18 year old dropped off an iPod with thousands of texts and pictures, including iamges of the 18 year old naked and engaged in 'sexual stimulation' (somehow masturbation is a word that cannot be mentioned in news outlets that publish graphic images of murders, air crashes and train wrecks, but I digress). The girl called on the phone and apparently met at least once. This led to a further complaint, and the girl's bond was revoked and she is going to jail pending trial. Just to round off this story of persistent self-destructive folly, this girl has been offered two plea deals, one with sex offender status but one without, and TURNED THEM BOTH DOWN!

Further background- in Florida it is illegal for a minor to consent to sex,, most especially with an adult. And an 18 year old is an adult, while a 14 year old is a minor.

So, in summary, an adult contacted a minor for sexual purposes. She was urged to stop adn did not , leading to her arrest. She was given a favorable bond but immediately violated the terms of her release, leading to her arrest. She has rejected a pair of plea deals and faces 15 years in prison and sex offender status if convicted.

And she says tearfully she fears this will destroy her life. And her mother says none of this would have happened if it wasn't a gay relationship, that this is just prejudice against gays. Please, stop further humiliating yourselves in public.

First, if this ruins your life you need to look in the mirror. No one forced you to violate very lax bail provisions. If you are so determined to get to college then take steps to do that, instead of engaging in already proscribed behavior. Find a cute girl your own age to play with.

Second, it is so monstrously sad and pathetic to hear this girl's mother whine that this is gay prejudice. Reallty? Are you awake at all? How many men of the same age get charged for illegal sexual contact with girls under 18? I suspect it is 100-1000 times more common than what is happening to your daughter. And whether the contact is gay or straight, the determining factor of whether the person is charged is not their sexuality but the acceptability fo the relationship. Many, many relationships of 18 to 15 year olds happen and no one complains until the girl is pregnant. Complaints happen when the older person is unacceptable to the family.

Now I think there is little question that more families will blanch at a gay relationship than a straight one. That is nto prejudice. that's your choice, your values, as expressed for the welfare of YOUR CHILD. If both were adults the parents would have nothing to say. But one is 14 years old, and her parents make quite clear that a sexualized relationship with an older person is not acceptable to them. That is not a sexualorientation statement but a general values statement.

If anything their complaint validates homosexuality as an acceptable social choice. They complained not about sexual orientation but about sexualized contact.

It is so easy today for any minority member who finds themselves in an unwanted position to cry 'bias', except that it is false. Such cries may get you an award for sexual harrassment, or for workpalce bias. In the long run, however, it is destructive to the perception of gays as civilly equal to straight epople and couples. Every time someone whines in the media about prejudice on acocunt of race or sex,, or whatever, their public perception is decreased. People will have a harder time accepting csuch people as normal.

Contrary to the 18 year old's parents, this has nothing to do with sex and everything to do with breaking the law.

Ted

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What is Forgiveness

 In doing years of medical teaching, I have told students that teaching and learning are not directly related. I can teach and teach, but you may never learn. Conversely, you may learn continuously without me teaching you a thing. 'I teach' and 'you learn' are two separate, active processes that may overlap or coincide. The same is true of forgiveness. I am an unforgiving man. I am the very opposite of God, who is slow to anger and of great kindness. I am quick to anger and very slow to forgive. I'm kind and insightful with people generally, but when mistreated or insulted I am not kind at all, nor do I forget, or forgive.  The Bible tells us to do something else. We are told to forgive. In Matthew 18:21, Peter asks Jesus how often he should forgive his brother's sin. The Jewish standard was three times. Like the young man in the story of the Samaritan, who asks who his brother is in order to know to whom he should be loving, Peter appears to be asking for guida...

My Broken Tooth

 I broke a tooth today. I've done that before; I inherited my mother's horrible teeth, and if not for crowns I would have the smile of any drug-addicted homeless man in the street. But the tooth broke, rather than the crown coming off. I've had that happen a couple of times, and it's nothing. After all, the tooth is just fake, held on by cements similar to the ones I use for my models. This time, however, I have to have the root extracted so I can get the modern version of a bridge. And this new dental experience has reduced to me to jelly, this not helped by the condescending, sexist comments of the dental assistant. I have a long, longe memory, my first recollections coming from age 2. I have well-developed, detailed memories from age 3 onward. I vividly recall being at the dentiswt as a child, when it was fashionable to fill baby teeth. I can recall being left there by my mother as a 14 year old, on the day I was paid for working as 'the 5th ace' at Camp Maga...

Politically Correct Dishonor

The Biblical prophets warned aloud that devastation would come to those who were unclean. Those that profaned God and the house of God, those who were drunken, fornicators, idolators, those that cheated, that gave unclean offerings. Israel was warned of the consequences of their behavior. And God did not punish Israel. Rather, by walking away from God, Israel simply suffered the consequences of its behavior and choices. I chose, I chose , to live, to receive a transplant. I struggled to have the surgery that prolonged my life, I accepted the gift of a kidney from a whole person that I might live. I was convinced by family and friends that I had some role in the world, something I might contribute. And I believed that. My idea of contribution was to teach, to give to others what I had learned to do. But I have lived to see injustice. To see self-interest and greed triumph over not merely right but reason as well. I see incompetence passed off as expertise, the mundane as the s...