Suddenly my posts are being read by 90-124 people. Typically they are read by 15-20 people. I have no illusions that I am suddenly a famous blogger. This happened during the 2012 election cycle as well. I was getting a lot of hits from Russia, which I suspected were mirror sites for US surveillance. I suspected then that the FBI or other federal agencies were watching my blog because of my vocal opposition to Obama. I made clear in a post that, while I disagree with Obama, I am strongly against violence as a means of socio-political expression. Anyone who reads this blog knows that of course. The traffic to my site suddenly fell off after I wrote that.
Well, here we are again. I have written that I think Trump expresses very well the anger and despair of America. He does. And I am sick to death of big government solutions that are nothing but corruption. I think Hillary Clinton is a liar and manifestly unsuited to being President of the US.
But I decry violence against anyone. Speak in print. Speak in peaceful rallies. Speak with your vote. But don't speak with your fists, or with other violence, or by silencing those who disagree with you. They have the same right to speak that I do. And none of us has the right to advocate violence against others or our nation.
Maybe some of my wife's friends now read my blog regularly, but I doubt it. I think Big Brother is watching again. So I here again affirm my strong support for our electoral system and our system of government, and I strongly oppose and dislike all forms of violence between individuals and in society.
TT
Well, here we are again. I have written that I think Trump expresses very well the anger and despair of America. He does. And I am sick to death of big government solutions that are nothing but corruption. I think Hillary Clinton is a liar and manifestly unsuited to being President of the US.
But I decry violence against anyone. Speak in print. Speak in peaceful rallies. Speak with your vote. But don't speak with your fists, or with other violence, or by silencing those who disagree with you. They have the same right to speak that I do. And none of us has the right to advocate violence against others or our nation.
Maybe some of my wife's friends now read my blog regularly, but I doubt it. I think Big Brother is watching again. So I here again affirm my strong support for our electoral system and our system of government, and I strongly oppose and dislike all forms of violence between individuals and in society.
TT
Comments
Post a Comment