This blog is headed by my intentions for it- a civil discussion of issues. Over the last couple of months, I don't think I've met my own standards. Like many, I have had deep feelings about the recent election. I have bristled when generically or personally attacked, but I have engaged in labeling others as well.
That's wrong, not by others' standards, or the media',but by my own.
I regret writing like that.
It does not represent analysis, or thought. It represents my repressed feelings, which leak out in sarcasm and labeling.
In a future post, I am going to do what I do very badly, which is talk about my feelings. So typically, my feelings are too strongly expressed for others to tolerate. I have gotten in trouble with them, and I have hurt people with them. In this case, I have eight years of repressed negative feelings. I will address them directly later. But this post is to say-
I'm sorry my feelings have oozed out as generalized, negative labeling, stereotyping and snide comments, and I am going to do my best to honor the values I set forth as the ground rules for my own blog.
Ted
That's wrong, not by others' standards, or the media',but by my own.
I regret writing like that.
It does not represent analysis, or thought. It represents my repressed feelings, which leak out in sarcasm and labeling.
In a future post, I am going to do what I do very badly, which is talk about my feelings. So typically, my feelings are too strongly expressed for others to tolerate. I have gotten in trouble with them, and I have hurt people with them. In this case, I have eight years of repressed negative feelings. I will address them directly later. But this post is to say-
I'm sorry my feelings have oozed out as generalized, negative labeling, stereotyping and snide comments, and I am going to do my best to honor the values I set forth as the ground rules for my own blog.
Ted
Well said - it is never easy for any of us to apologize, especially over topics about which we are passionate.
ReplyDelete-D-