"Then the fire of the Lord fell. It consumed the offering, the altar, the wood, and licked up the water in the trench." 1 Kings 18:38
Donald Trump's election felt, for me, like a vindication, a repudiation of the distortions of the Democratic Party. The release of the Congressional Memo is the same. I cannot see any reasonable interpretation of that memo other than known false information, paid for in part by the Democratic candidate, was used by a Democratic administration to get a wiretap on a US citizen for the purpose of discrediting the Republican candidate.
No wonder the Democrats objected so strongly to its release. The former head of CIA, a longtime Clinton ally, wants all the evidence to the FISA court released, claiming it will show the dossier was only a small part of the decision. I am all for the release of that material. The congressional memo made clear the dossier was critical to the FISA order, regardless of the other material. Let that material be seen, and let us decide in public.
The timeline is crushing. The FBI moved on the court order after it as clear the dossier was false. There was concomitant talk among agents that anything at all must be done to prevent Trump from becoming president. There was a grossly improper meeting between Bill Clinton and Attorney General Lynch.
These events are as momentous, and as ugly, as the Watergate scandal of 40 years ago. A full evaluation is needed.
As I felt with Trump's election, so I feel now. Justice is being done. That Justice is ugly is not the fault of Justice but of those who attempt to pervert it. As is typically the case, those who wish to prevent the viewing of evidence are most often guilty. The mother who wanted Solomon to cut the baby in half was the false one. The real one was quiet.
The Democrats have claimed all the Republican concerns about the FBI are a distraction, and lobbied against the release of the memo. They are so horribly exposed now. I believe Flynn will be released. I believe Mueller's 'investigation' will end, and I believe several people are in danger of prosecution.
We will see if I am right, or if I am the deluded one.
Ted
Donald Trump's election felt, for me, like a vindication, a repudiation of the distortions of the Democratic Party. The release of the Congressional Memo is the same. I cannot see any reasonable interpretation of that memo other than known false information, paid for in part by the Democratic candidate, was used by a Democratic administration to get a wiretap on a US citizen for the purpose of discrediting the Republican candidate.
No wonder the Democrats objected so strongly to its release. The former head of CIA, a longtime Clinton ally, wants all the evidence to the FISA court released, claiming it will show the dossier was only a small part of the decision. I am all for the release of that material. The congressional memo made clear the dossier was critical to the FISA order, regardless of the other material. Let that material be seen, and let us decide in public.
The timeline is crushing. The FBI moved on the court order after it as clear the dossier was false. There was concomitant talk among agents that anything at all must be done to prevent Trump from becoming president. There was a grossly improper meeting between Bill Clinton and Attorney General Lynch.
These events are as momentous, and as ugly, as the Watergate scandal of 40 years ago. A full evaluation is needed.
As I felt with Trump's election, so I feel now. Justice is being done. That Justice is ugly is not the fault of Justice but of those who attempt to pervert it. As is typically the case, those who wish to prevent the viewing of evidence are most often guilty. The mother who wanted Solomon to cut the baby in half was the false one. The real one was quiet.
The Democrats have claimed all the Republican concerns about the FBI are a distraction, and lobbied against the release of the memo. They are so horribly exposed now. I believe Flynn will be released. I believe Mueller's 'investigation' will end, and I believe several people are in danger of prosecution.
We will see if I am right, or if I am the deluded one.
Ted
The FBI has already declared that the "memo" is misleading and distorted. But the FBI can't defend itself against these assertions. The documents are classified, and releasing them would be illegal. (In fact, it's questionable whether the Republican release is itself a violation of the law.) And for the FBI to release these documents to vindicate itself might compromise the investigations that we all want to see completed.
ReplyDeleteThe Democrats on the committee have also prepared a "memo", which of course disputes everything in the Republican memo, but of course the Republicans won't allow its release. (What do the Repubs fear?)
So these horrible allegations, alleging criminal activity, can be fought only in the courts. That sounds a lot like slander to me.
One of us is deluded! For the sake of our democracy, I hope it's not me.
Your friend, David
And, in any event, even if a single (or even several) wiretaps were obtained improperly, that hardly qualifies a reason to fire the entire leadership of the DOJ, FBI, or Mueller.
ReplyDeleteAck!