I read this piece from The New Yorker. It is short, and I recommend reading it. The author trashes Chick Fil A with restrained, witty, condescending acerbic prose. It is lovely writing, and horrible thinking and feeling. I try in this blog to present civil, rational arguments on controversial topics. I specifically will not publish ad hominem attacks, or invective. On this item, however, there is no balanced argument, no objective thing to say. It's a piece of trash, grossly unworthy of The New Yorker, but sadly representative of the values of its readers. They all ought to be ashamed.
It is disgraceful that any serious publication would print a piece as grotesque at TNY's attack on Chick Fil A. The ginned up controversy over CFA of course concerns the religious values of the owners. They are Christian and espouse traditional Christian values. They object to gay marriage and abortion.
I truly have heard enough. The positions being espoused on the Left are utterly fatuous, in conflict with science and even their own values. I have seriously listened to someone claim there are 50 genders! Everything is 'normal', everything is ok, unless you disagree with the drivel they espouse, in which case you get attacked as racist/sexist/homophobic/misogynistic. No one can hold an opinion that conflicts with theirs. They are so sure of their own rectitude they are willing to deface monuments, incite public violence and shout down their opponents rather than simply let others live their values.
Our society has destroyed its own institutions- marriage, church , family, government- and its own values- responsibility, autonomy, achievement, manners. We have replaced them with nothing. Anything is OK, everyone is equal, any effort is fine, everyone gets an A, no public respect is due to anything or anyone.
No society can operate like this. The values of the Left are those of social chaos. Their fruit is violence, family disruption, childhood failure and abuse, sexual promiscuity. The very groups supposedly supported by the Left- women, children, minorities- are the groups that get most damaged. Women are getting destroyed by unintended pregnancy and single motherhood. Children held to no school standard and without the example or discipline of fathers are left to destroy themselves in private or on the streets. The value of education is diluted by institutions that value 'diversity' over achievement and inclusion over work. The person I have watched claim there are 50 genders also talks back to experienced teachers and supervisors. He (or whatever he claims to be) is the ultimate expression of a society without boundaries- an ignorant, loud, self-righteous monster.
It ought to be hard for me to believe that a place like CFA could be attacked. It is clean, serves good food, and has polite service. Unfortunately, it's not hard to believe at all in a world that equates piety with evil. A disrespectful, arrogant, ignorant student ought to be disciplined. They cannot be, for it provokes complaints of differential treatment or harassment.
I'm sick to death of apologizing for what I believe, genuinely, thoroughly fed up. I can't pretend to discuss issues on which there ought to be no discussion, like gender, manners, achievement.
There are two genders. You can dress up and put on wigs and you're still a man. Sorry. Society does not have to recognize or indulge your sex role confusion, and that doesn't make me or anyone else oppressive. You can make up academicized terms like 'heteronormative' but that doesn't change the fact the the world IS heteronormative. Feel what you feel, live as you like, but stop trying to make the world change to normalize your peculiarities.
Single motherhood and gay couples are not suitable parenting conditions. Achievement and merit are the only basis of advancement. There is no such thing as diversity in achievement, only those who achieve, regardless of their background or appearance. 'Balancing' the workplace or school admissions is bullshit, an admission that something other than merit is being used for selection. That's just prejudice.
Society has not yet found a suitable substitute for religion. St. Anselm was right. Go look it up. Whether you believe in a God or not, you are not the ultimate moral authority for yourself, let alone for everyone else. Society is not made up of 300 million individual demi-gods all shouting their primacy. We are fundamentally a Christian, European society. By all means practice any religion you like, but there must be some broad recognition of the values on which we were founded (yes I know Deists, not Christians- stop BS quibbling. The Ten Commandments appear on our judicial seals). No religion is a basis for killing others or imposing values on others. America did not stop eating pork for Jews, and it's not going to do so for Muslims. We ought not to stop recognition of God for atheists either. The tail is wagging the dog.
A man is not an optional part of a family, nor is masculinity a defect. Sex is not a crime, I don't apologize for having a penis, and I am sure as hell not wearing pussy hats or going to apologize for my gender or sexual identity. The denigration of men is a terrible reflection of our societal values.
I've really had enough A serious, literate magazine publishes an attack on a reputable and honorable company, and its audience reads it and does not complain. We all have to drink the liberal Kool-Aid to be considered 'acceptable' to liberals. That's garbage, just complete trash. Stop tearing down everything, trying to legitimize failure and deviancy, and asserting everyone is entitled to everything always. They're not.
I'm so disgusted by what I see and read that I can hardly speak without shouting. I truly can't understand why anyone would support groups and ideas that tear down the fabric of society. The very people yelling about fascism and oppression are themselves the source of intellectual oppression and outright manipulative lies. There is no debate or discussion to be had with people who can seriously write what The New Yorker wrote. I really don't want to hear any more of what you have to say on 'values'. You are the problem.
Ted
It is disgraceful that any serious publication would print a piece as grotesque at TNY's attack on Chick Fil A. The ginned up controversy over CFA of course concerns the religious values of the owners. They are Christian and espouse traditional Christian values. They object to gay marriage and abortion.
I truly have heard enough. The positions being espoused on the Left are utterly fatuous, in conflict with science and even their own values. I have seriously listened to someone claim there are 50 genders! Everything is 'normal', everything is ok, unless you disagree with the drivel they espouse, in which case you get attacked as racist/sexist/homophobic/misogynistic. No one can hold an opinion that conflicts with theirs. They are so sure of their own rectitude they are willing to deface monuments, incite public violence and shout down their opponents rather than simply let others live their values.
Our society has destroyed its own institutions- marriage, church , family, government- and its own values- responsibility, autonomy, achievement, manners. We have replaced them with nothing. Anything is OK, everyone is equal, any effort is fine, everyone gets an A, no public respect is due to anything or anyone.
No society can operate like this. The values of the Left are those of social chaos. Their fruit is violence, family disruption, childhood failure and abuse, sexual promiscuity. The very groups supposedly supported by the Left- women, children, minorities- are the groups that get most damaged. Women are getting destroyed by unintended pregnancy and single motherhood. Children held to no school standard and without the example or discipline of fathers are left to destroy themselves in private or on the streets. The value of education is diluted by institutions that value 'diversity' over achievement and inclusion over work. The person I have watched claim there are 50 genders also talks back to experienced teachers and supervisors. He (or whatever he claims to be) is the ultimate expression of a society without boundaries- an ignorant, loud, self-righteous monster.
It ought to be hard for me to believe that a place like CFA could be attacked. It is clean, serves good food, and has polite service. Unfortunately, it's not hard to believe at all in a world that equates piety with evil. A disrespectful, arrogant, ignorant student ought to be disciplined. They cannot be, for it provokes complaints of differential treatment or harassment.
I'm sick to death of apologizing for what I believe, genuinely, thoroughly fed up. I can't pretend to discuss issues on which there ought to be no discussion, like gender, manners, achievement.
There are two genders. You can dress up and put on wigs and you're still a man. Sorry. Society does not have to recognize or indulge your sex role confusion, and that doesn't make me or anyone else oppressive. You can make up academicized terms like 'heteronormative' but that doesn't change the fact the the world IS heteronormative. Feel what you feel, live as you like, but stop trying to make the world change to normalize your peculiarities.
Single motherhood and gay couples are not suitable parenting conditions. Achievement and merit are the only basis of advancement. There is no such thing as diversity in achievement, only those who achieve, regardless of their background or appearance. 'Balancing' the workplace or school admissions is bullshit, an admission that something other than merit is being used for selection. That's just prejudice.
Society has not yet found a suitable substitute for religion. St. Anselm was right. Go look it up. Whether you believe in a God or not, you are not the ultimate moral authority for yourself, let alone for everyone else. Society is not made up of 300 million individual demi-gods all shouting their primacy. We are fundamentally a Christian, European society. By all means practice any religion you like, but there must be some broad recognition of the values on which we were founded (yes I know Deists, not Christians- stop BS quibbling. The Ten Commandments appear on our judicial seals). No religion is a basis for killing others or imposing values on others. America did not stop eating pork for Jews, and it's not going to do so for Muslims. We ought not to stop recognition of God for atheists either. The tail is wagging the dog.
A man is not an optional part of a family, nor is masculinity a defect. Sex is not a crime, I don't apologize for having a penis, and I am sure as hell not wearing pussy hats or going to apologize for my gender or sexual identity. The denigration of men is a terrible reflection of our societal values.
I've really had enough A serious, literate magazine publishes an attack on a reputable and honorable company, and its audience reads it and does not complain. We all have to drink the liberal Kool-Aid to be considered 'acceptable' to liberals. That's garbage, just complete trash. Stop tearing down everything, trying to legitimize failure and deviancy, and asserting everyone is entitled to everything always. They're not.
I'm so disgusted by what I see and read that I can hardly speak without shouting. I truly can't understand why anyone would support groups and ideas that tear down the fabric of society. The very people yelling about fascism and oppression are themselves the source of intellectual oppression and outright manipulative lies. There is no debate or discussion to be had with people who can seriously write what The New Yorker wrote. I really don't want to hear any more of what you have to say on 'values'. You are the problem.
Ted
Comments
Post a Comment