Well, since Mitt Romney is currently asleep, I thought I would pretend I was writing for Cosmopolitan, or similar magazine, as their political columnist. Since I am on Ob/Gyn I look at Cosmo et al to get some idea of the worthless pablum taken as truth by so many patients. In passing, one may substitute 'Democratic Party' for Cosmo and 'voters' for patients and the sentence makes as much sense, but I digress (and it was mean- sorry).
This morning while getting breakfast I parked behind a car with a bumper sticker saying 'American Democrat'. The car was one I thought would have such a sticker, and the owner.... Well, anyway, with Cosmo in mind, here is a quiz to determine if you are a Republican or Democrat. Take a look at each item, and decide whether it is associated with Democrats or Republicans, or both, then decide which one you are, based on what you know of yourself.
Subaru
Mercedes
Mini-van
Land Rover
Johnston and Murphy
Birkenstocks
sandals
unstyled gray hair (women)
long gray hair (man)
suit and tie
jeans at work
townhouse
apartment
suburban home
farm
boat over 30'
bass boat
kayak
bicycle
opera
TV
movies
internet
New York Times
Washington Post
National Review
New Republic
vegetarian
steak
Li'l Debbies
sushi
overcoat
parka
jean coat
high school grad
college grad
graduate degree
doctor
lawyer
teacher
plumber
Food Stamps
church
company pension
401K
trust fund
offshore account
New York
Oregon
Tennessee
Georgia
<25 p="p" yearly="yearly">>250,000.00 yearly
small business owner
employee
venture capital
stocks
scotch
wine
beer
wine coolers
smoke cigarettes
Do you see what I mean? We all profile. You show me someone who reads the NYT, drives a Subaru, has unkempt gray hair and is a vegetarian and I will show you a Democrat. Someone who reads the National Review, drives a Mercedes, wears a suit and manages venture capital is a Republican.
And this is a little like an MMPI. The purchase of a boat or being a venture capitalist are independent predictors of party from income, because these other items are choices. Those who choose certain things are usually Democrats.
Now, let's ignore abortion and religious values. Consider the above. Who do you want running Washington? Do you want a vegetarian Subaru driver who reads the NYT, or a Mercedes driver who eats steak and owns a business?
Well, I know what I want....
Ted
25>
This morning while getting breakfast I parked behind a car with a bumper sticker saying 'American Democrat'. The car was one I thought would have such a sticker, and the owner.... Well, anyway, with Cosmo in mind, here is a quiz to determine if you are a Republican or Democrat. Take a look at each item, and decide whether it is associated with Democrats or Republicans, or both, then decide which one you are, based on what you know of yourself.
Subaru
Mercedes
Mini-van
Land Rover
Johnston and Murphy
Birkenstocks
sandals
unstyled gray hair (women)
long gray hair (man)
suit and tie
jeans at work
townhouse
apartment
suburban home
farm
boat over 30'
bass boat
kayak
bicycle
opera
TV
movies
internet
New York Times
Washington Post
National Review
New Republic
vegetarian
steak
Li'l Debbies
sushi
overcoat
parka
jean coat
high school grad
college grad
graduate degree
doctor
lawyer
teacher
plumber
Food Stamps
church
company pension
401K
trust fund
offshore account
New York
Oregon
Tennessee
Georgia
<25 p="p" yearly="yearly">>250,000.00 yearly
small business owner
employee
venture capital
stocks
scotch
wine
beer
wine coolers
smoke cigarettes
Do you see what I mean? We all profile. You show me someone who reads the NYT, drives a Subaru, has unkempt gray hair and is a vegetarian and I will show you a Democrat. Someone who reads the National Review, drives a Mercedes, wears a suit and manages venture capital is a Republican.
And this is a little like an MMPI. The purchase of a boat or being a venture capitalist are independent predictors of party from income, because these other items are choices. Those who choose certain things are usually Democrats.
Now, let's ignore abortion and religious values. Consider the above. Who do you want running Washington? Do you want a vegetarian Subaru driver who reads the NYT, or a Mercedes driver who eats steak and owns a business?
Well, I know what I want....
Ted
25>
You got me...a vegetarian Subaru driver who reads the NYT.
ReplyDeleteLoved this post!
ReplyDeleteI like steak!
ReplyDeleteI like steak!
ReplyDelete