In too much thinking about religion and spirituality, about God and our relationship to what we call spiritual, I have developed a set of questions that seem to me fundamental and defining. The answers to these questions establish who we are spiritually without overlays of social or political beliefs. I would love to get back responses from readers to these questions. They are all yes/no questions. There is no 'wiggle room'. Here they are-
1) Do you believe there is a God (not a denominational definition, merely God/ no God)
2) Is Jesus God, the Son of God?
3) Is God the Creator of the universe?
4) Is God interventional and interactive with the universe today?
5) Is God interventional and interactive with individuals?
6) Is there an existence after death (life, or some sentient form)?
7) Is there a Heaven and Hell?
8) Are we re-incarnated, to live again on Earth?
9) Is the Bible literally true?
10) Does God become manifest on Earth in various forms?
11) Is there a Judgment by God?
12) Is there forgiveness of Sin?
13) Is forgiveness universal?
There- 13 questions.
My answers-
1)Yes. I feel the evidence is overwhelming.
2)No. Jesus was a deeply inspired man.
3)Yes.
4)Yes
5)Yes
6)Yes
7)No
8)Maybe (I know, not allowed. If forced, my answer is yes)
9)No
10)Yes
11)Yes
12)Yes
13)Yes
I am mot interested in the replies of others. You can send them to me at this blog, or on FB, or by email, simply in the format given- numbers followed by yes or no, with such explanation as you like.
Ted
1) Do you believe there is a God (not a denominational definition, merely God/ no God)
2) Is Jesus God, the Son of God?
3) Is God the Creator of the universe?
4) Is God interventional and interactive with the universe today?
5) Is God interventional and interactive with individuals?
6) Is there an existence after death (life, or some sentient form)?
7) Is there a Heaven and Hell?
8) Are we re-incarnated, to live again on Earth?
9) Is the Bible literally true?
10) Does God become manifest on Earth in various forms?
11) Is there a Judgment by God?
12) Is there forgiveness of Sin?
13) Is forgiveness universal?
There- 13 questions.
My answers-
1)Yes. I feel the evidence is overwhelming.
2)No. Jesus was a deeply inspired man.
3)Yes.
4)Yes
5)Yes
6)Yes
7)No
8)Maybe (I know, not allowed. If forced, my answer is yes)
9)No
10)Yes
11)Yes
12)Yes
13)Yes
I am mot interested in the replies of others. You can send them to me at this blog, or on FB, or by email, simply in the format given- numbers followed by yes or no, with such explanation as you like.
Ted
Comments
Post a Comment