Hi all-
Oh how your posts touch me!! I have never felt so much contact with the world, or felt that someone cared about how I was. I am grateful beyond description.
yesterday was awful. In trying to be a good boy on dialysis, I got dehydrated. Boy does that feel bad. Iw as so nauseated it was hard to drink to restore what was needed. Today I am going to measure my fluids so I don't over- or under-do.
Th ere are some passages from the Bible that touch me very deeply. One of them is Ezekiel 37, about the dry bones. The prophecy that God will restore flesh and health to Israel has intense personal meaning for me. Also, Job 19, used as part of the libretto for 'Messiah'. I love the New English translation , even though it is not especially poetic.
'But in my heart, I know that my vindicator lives, and that He will rise to speak last in court. Then I will see God with my own eyes. I myself, and no other.'
Yet another, when Jesus is speaking to a leper- 'If you believe, you will be clean.' 'Lord, I believe. Help thou mine unbelief.'
A nd, in truly peculiar fashion, a quote from 'The Elephant Man', one of my favorite movies.
'Do you think, if she (his mother) saw me now, with my new friends, that she could love me the way I am? I do try so hard to be good.'
I do try to be faithful and trusting. I am fond of saying that we fail not through our weaknesses but our strengths. Thus a physically strong man hurts himself through confidence in his strength. An intellectua lized man succeeds through his intellect, but also fails through his lack of emotional understandi ng and trust.
I do try. I have always been deeply moved by the little story Robin Casey put up about the footsteps in the sand. I assure you, I know what it is to be carried right now.....
Ted
Oh how your posts touch me!! I have never felt so much contact with the world, or felt that someone cared about how I was. I am grateful beyond description.
yesterday was awful. In trying to be a good boy on dialysis, I got dehydrated. Boy does that feel bad. Iw as so nauseated it was hard to drink to restore what was needed. Today I am going to measure my fluids so I don't over- or under-do.
Th
'But in my heart, I know that my vindicator lives, and that He will rise to speak last in court. Then I will see God with my own eyes. I myself, and no other.'
Yet another, when Jesus is speaking to a leper- 'If you believe, you will be clean.' 'Lord, I believe. Help thou mine unbelief.'
A
'Do you think, if she (his mother) saw me now, with my new friends, that she could love me the way I am? I do try so hard to be good.'
I do try to be faithful and trusting. I am fond of saying that we fail not through our weaknesses but our strengths. Thus a physically strong man hurts himself through confidence in his strength. An intellectua
I do try. I have always been deeply moved by the little story Robin Casey put up about the footsteps in the sand. I assure you, I know what it is to be carried right now.....
Ted
- Get link
- X
- Other Apps
- Get link
- X
- Other Apps
Comments
Post a Comment